Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Heart rate...?
What is a normal heart rate for a 21 year old female???And what's the heart rate of a heart attack???
Additional Details
I went to the hospital and had a heart rate of 175.Was i ...

Should obese people get treatment for Heart disease?

Can beta blockers lose their effectiveness?
After a few years of suffering with disabling anxiety/panic disorder and almost constant tachycardia, I decided to start taking atenolol to help, and it did--a lot. My anxiety level dropped ...

Blood Pressure monitor for on-the-move?
I would like to be able to monitor my blood pressure when out walking, riding, ski-ing etc. What BP monitor is both compact and accurate? Need to get it quickly in UK....

Hypertension?
Is there any substitute herbal medication for Hypertension? I want to stop taking my current drug medication due to possible harmful side effects of beta blockers like impotence and etc.?...

66 year old female...had cabg 6 months ago...now has unstable angina...weakness...not eating..?
doctor says nothing else can be done but keep her comfortable....how long does she have? she is in severe pain daily lasting only 5 minutes at a time...losing a pound a day...short of breath......

What is CARDIAC HYPERTROPHY? Is there a cure? What can I do for her?
I know someone that has this and thinks she may have HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOMATHY, as well. How serious is this? I know I'll never understand what she may be going through, but I want to ...

Is congestive heart disease inherited?
My Dad died of congestive heart disease, he was 88, however, am am just curious if this disease can be inherited. Thank ...

How long does it take for someone to recover from a stroke?
my boyfriend's mom had a stroke, but was able to be sent home the next day. the doctor's did tests and said she would be able to come home but with a week's worth rest.

What causes inverted t-waves on an ekg?

Blood Pressure 140/70 Heart Rate : 70 = Unhealthy?
it is a serious problem if the systolic doubles the diastolic for a 22 yr old male who excercises 2-3 times a week
Additional Details
is it a serious problem if the systolic doubles the ...

What are some early signs of heart trouble?

Time to take blood pressure?
I am on 2 blood pressure meds - enalapril which I take in the morning and Toprol which I take at night. What time (s)should I take my blood pressure every day?

Atrial fibrillation?
If you have a blood pressure of 120/ 80 can you be suffering from atrial fibrillation?
Additional Details
The would a long P-Wave indicate A-Fib?...

What is and how serious is a heart catheter?

Why does your left arm hurt when before a heart attack?

Any one died and return alive again?

Control high cholesterol. anyone know any good books on the subject.?

Does anyone know of a natural way to lower blood pressure?
Along with diet and exercise, of course........

Have extremely high blood pressure. tests, bloodwork, ultrasounds,cat scans, mri's, no answers?
I am 30 years old, weigh 125 lbs, now. I lost 22 when i got sick. I don't do drugs and I work out and eat healthy. I ended up in the hospital with blood pressure of 280/145, the ER gave me ...

m d
What is an electrocardiologist? And what specifically does he do?

raiderking69
He does the electrocardiogram testing. It tells beats per minutes, reads blood flow and picks up any problems that your heart may have such as murmurs.

voiceofreason
In my neighborhood they are called electrophysiologists but you are taking about a cardiologist who sub specializes in the heart conduction system. most people referred to them have some type of rhythm disturbance

dmckinner
If you disect the word its simple. Electro=electric, cardio=heart. Therefor he is a doctor who studies and specializes in the electrical part of the heart. These are the doctors who decide if a pacemaker is necessary. The doctor who pays attention to your heart rythms, etc...

ruthie
A cardiologist is a heart doctor. "Electro" refers to electrical. I know that an electrocardiogram is put on your chest with little electrical pulsating wires which connect to a big machine that reads your heart's electrical charges to determine if it is functioning in a proper manner so maybe the electrocardiologist read the electrocardiograms.

Kevin J
The electrocardiogram represents electrical activity within the heart. An ECG measures the changing voltage and displays it graphically on the ECG screen. The program simulated the ECG display and gives an online interpretation.

pparang1
an electrophysiologist is a heart doctor that specializes in abnormal heart rhythms. the abnormal heart rhythm can either be too slow, in which case s/he may put in a pacemaker, or too fast in which case s/he may treat you with medications, or s/he can make tiny burns in the heart conduction system to cure the fast heart rhythm, or if the abnormal rhythm is dangerous s/he can put in a defibrillator. some people with very weak hearts get defibrillators even though they have never had arrhythmias. that's becasue they are at risk of sudden cardiac death, which the defibrillator can prevent

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy