Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why do mosquitoes bite?
do ...

Is it true if you sniff when you have a cold that you will get an ear infection or a sore throat?
old wives ...

Is it true that getting a flu shot decreases the body’s own ability to fight off the flu on its own?

If you have or have had Hepatitis C, are you always a risk to others?
I'm aware that the virus can be either active or inactive - but does that mean an exposed or infected person can be either contagious or not contagious? This is a new subject for me so it'd ...

Help! my grandfather is sick and i dont know what to do! im egging you to help me!?
HELP! my grqanfather is sick and the only way to get medical help is the E.R. but when he explained his symptons, my parents believe he has the flu! he has already asked three times to be driven to ...

Precautions to avoid cold?
Being affected by cold is the most irritating disease one can have. Are there any precautions to be taken especially during climatic changes?...

Ive got flu n i have to work 2moro. how can i get better quicker??
ive already had 3 days off sick this week...if i have another 1 off i cant pay my rent (i get payed weekly).
i feel like poo. but i really need to work 2moro. appart from overdosing on lemsips ...

Can I catch anything from this?
I lost a bet and unfortunately I have to kiss someones bare butt. Can I catch anything from this or am I making too big a deal of it? Its only the butt cheek but I mean there might be germs there I ...

What disease do you get if rust gets into your body?

I'm slowly dying from the inside?
recently, I knew I have herpes.I'm virgin & the reason is from my parents.
I can't marry, make babies or even kiss anybody.
I'm just 16 and I have two kinds of it:
1-...

What can we do to help prevent death to our youth with the drugs and diseases .?
These are things we did not deal with totally, drugs are stronger and more lethal and diseases no longer a shot and an embarrassment but may result in death....

Does it sound like i have the flu?
ive been sick since sunday and it started out with a nasty cough, and eventually i started getting chills, my head hurts, my nose is runny and today i started to get a fever of around 100.5, the ...

What’s the AIDS drug azidothymine better known as?

What's the best way to prevent getting a cold?
I work in a call center around about a hundred people. I recently got a head cold about two weeks ago, but it finally went away. Well, now here I am two weeks later, and I have a head AND chest ...

What is a polite way to check whether your partner has HIV/AIDS?
I am not the one dating, but I know someone else who might benefit from this. Names and details have been withheld....

Isn't it important for couples to get compulsary AIDS test before starting relationship?
Now adays there is so much of aids that it is extremly dangerous for couples to come closer. Not only the other partner will get the disease but also the offspring also may get the virus. I ...

I have a sore throat, and cough with colored mucus, is this a sign of a cold, sinus, or what?
My throat is thight. I experienced this shortly after getting a little dehydrated. Now I cough alot and sometimes there feels like something is in my throat. It is hard to sallow anything right now, ...

Why do we get diarrhoea?

Should a child with autism be given the 2nd MMR vaccine?

Can you catch parkisons diease from someone ?

MICHAEL S
What happens if you produce to many white blood cells?

?
Rating
see you in church

srracvuee
what makes you decide you have too many white blood cells Micheal you dont know until you have a blood count so go see your doctor and put your mind at rest

Raving Tarts
Your body naturally produces a higher white bloodcell count when it is 'sick.' What it means is that your immune system is 'gearing up for war.'

What you are sick with is another question. A doctor definitely needs to examine you. However since you know your white bloodcell count is high, it could mean you have already consulted a doctor, or had a blood test recently? If the former concludes that you do not have any untoward illness because of this symptom than you should be fine. You could of been sick while they were doing the bloodcount on you. Worst case scenario as some other mentioned could be leukemia

As for low red blood cells, it could be because of a spleen disorder? The spleen is responsible for storage or destruction of red blood cells. However that is assuming the test results show that your red blood cell count is low in the first place. If they did not say that it was low than you should not need to worry about this area

I hope I assuage your worries.

Gary C
how long have you had this problem, and are you still around to read this .

sokokl
Rating
Possible infection or autoimmune disorder.

Sandee
Rating
I've read the other answers and mainly agree. What no-one has thought to tell you though, if your white blood cell count is high, is to go and buy some Vitamin C capsules to take regularly. Vitamin C helps to produce red blood cells. Hope you are going to be ok.

Swamy
Normally white blood cell count goes up in infection, but if the increase is uncontrolled, furher investigation is needed to rule out leukemia.

ownlyanangel
Rating
When your body produces too many leukocytes (white blood cells), the condition is called leukocytosis.

When does this happen? When a person is very sick. Leukocytosis can be caused by cancer, fungal/parasitic infection, viral infection, bacterial infection, etc. In other words, when the body is under attack by a foreign invader, it responds by elevating its white blood cells in an attempt to gain control of the body again. So this isnt a disease or condition of pathology, but it is a sign of the body's immune system fighting a foreign invader

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy